17 July 2010

Lost: Motivation. Reward if Found.

Can you help me?

The last 3 days have been a total bust. Not having contacts has all but ruined the week with running. Excuses you say? No. I tried to work out in my glasses and it wasn't happening... especially since they're broken. I bought a new box of contacts last month and can't find it. I was trying to avoid buying some, but it looks like I have to wait until Monday morning to get a new box. Curses.

I woke up today after a solid 8 hours of sleep exhausted. This week has been rough between the running and work, not sleeping well, driving across town all the time... I was looking forward to today to clean and organize... but all I want to do is sleep.

Its like the bad habits I have pushed down are already coming back to haunt me. I've never had motivation to really clean, but I had hoped that I would have more energy than I do today. Its frustrating. I know what I should do, but all I want to do is sleep.

A co-worker said the 2nd week would be the toughest to get through and he's right. I have the desire to run, clean, etc etc etc... but not the will to get up and do it. Now, I will say, if I didn't have the glasses issue, I would be running. I actually miss it. But to focus on trying to make a dent in the insanity of my room... seems to much, and I don't know why. Yes, its overwhelming, but nothing I can't handle.

I just need to refocus myself. I keep thinking, "Oh, I'll start in an hour." The hour passes and I think the same thing again.

I can keep making excuses: I can't do laundry or take the trash out because its 99 with a heat index of 109. Valid point, yes. But still an excuse.

I can't do dishes because it'll take too much energy to run the dishwasher right now. Alas, I could still load the dishwasher.

Excuses, excuses. Lack of motivation to do anything today. Maybe a lazy day is what I need, but I don't feel good about it.

I feel guilty.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty. Everyone needs a rest day, esp when starting out. And rest means not exercise at all. No Curves, yoga, nothing. :) So consider this your rest day. Tomorrow (or Monday depending on your contact solution) is a RESET and then move on. Don't feel guilty for your actions of the past, there's nothing you can do about it and it won't do anything but sabotage your future.

    Take today or the whole weekend and focus on your mental place and then Monday your running/exercise/motivation will fall back into place. :)

    Oh and I'm sending you the book on Monday. Something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY BOOK!!

    Thanks, Sara. I did some dishes, so I don't feel as guilty now. :-)

    It has been nice to just sit down for once this week.

    Thanks again for the support. It means more than you know. <3

    ReplyDelete