14 July 2010

Day 143 - and I would walk 500 miles... or at least 5...

da da da da! da da da da! Everybody!!

Today was my "rest" day from running. However, I was still up at 7am mowing me Gran's lawn. For the record, according to the nifty pedometer Mum got me, I walk 2 miles mowing. I was dripping sweat when I was done. The heat has been ridiculous. 85-90 degrees by 8am? No thank you.

I then worked at Curves and ended up doing a workout there. I felt kinda drained at the beginning, but felt really good at the start of my second round.

I read everywhere that exercising should increase my energy... but honestly, half the time i feel exhausted... at least during the middle of the day. I tend to try to take a nap in the afternoon, and I don't nap well... but I can't keep my eyes open if I try to read or do something else. Maybe this is a side effect from the no more caffeine?

I did walk 10,200-odd steps today, which on average is 5 miles. Go Me! I'll take it!!

Tomorrow is treadmill running day. We'll see how that goes. I'm not a fan of treadmills, but with the heat being disgusting... I don't want to lose any training time.

Oh! Almost forgot. I've also signed up now to run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K on September 25, 2010!! I'm going to be apart of the Slumber Parties Sisters for a Cure!! Another short goal!!

Short Goals:
Aug. 7 - (possible) Run with Trisha! ... my plan is just to keep up for a mile or 2... I'm not getting too ahead of myself. :-)
Aug 25- Start Half Marathon training schedule (aka: Day 1- Run 3 miles)
Sept 25- Race for the Cure 5K


Long Term Goal:
Dec 4. - Half Marathon: Cross finish line. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment