13 July 2010

Day 145- Its not a hill, its a mountain as you start out the climb...

I woke up today feeling absolutely awful. Its like my stomach was punishing me for everything I've been doing the past 4 days. I ended up sleeping in until I had to go to work. I wanted to go on a run today, but wasn't sure I would be able to stomach it... literally.

I found myself getting excited during my shift to go for a run. I never thought that I would be looking forward to running in such a short time. I got off work and went over to the nature center by work... figured a change of scene and terrain would be good.

It was definitely a milestone day! I ran all 9 sets!!! I am/was so proud of myself!!! I had to pause during my walking sets to stretch my calves (which are still giving me some issues), but it was more manageable today.

I'm so glad I made a great running mix! There were a few times that I was starting to feel it... and wasn't sure I could go on. There was one point when I was getting ready to start a run set and I look up... and its a hill. I felt for a second that my legs were turning to jelly. All of a sudden, my mix starting playing a U2 song called "I Know I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight." Its a live version and I found myself singing along... and it helped motivate me. The chorus of the song was incredibly motivating especially as I approached that hill:

It's not a hill, it's a mountain
As you start out the climb
Do you believe me or are you doubting
We're gonna make it all the way to the light
But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight!

That motivated me up and over that hill. What I am doing is a huge challenge, but I know I'm going to get through it and succeed. My goal is to cross that finish line... I will make it all the way to the light!!

I got home and did a new yoga program that I got streamed live to my xbox. At the beginning, it was slightly painful to sit cross legged, but by the end of the 45 minutes, I felt relaxed and was able to sit fine. Its a great program and I'm excited to do it every night and see how my flexibility improves!! The teacher was very soothing and I felt/feel very relaxed.

I run Tues-Thurs, then Friday is my rest day. I will be doing my Dancing with the Stars Latin Cardio. I'm wicked excited to cha-cha-cha with Maxim!! Yum Yum!!

The Divine Light in me honors the Divine Light in you. Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Remember, at the beginning most recommend that you not run everyday. Try running every other day but doing some kind of aerobic cross-training between runs (like bike riding or swimming or something). You'll still be conditioning your body, but you won't burn out or risk injuring yourself. (Also, remember the rule of thumb is to increase your mileage by 10% every week - more than that and your soft tissue like ligaments and such can't keep up and you're likely to pull something or tear something.)

    <3 You're doing great! Keep on moving.

    ReplyDelete