14 July 2010

Day 144 - Why is it 105 degrees at 8pm?

I was so drained last night that I didn't even have the energy to post.

Yesterday was brutal. I didn't sleep well and had to be up early to work a split shift at Sam's. FML. When I got off, I drove home and attempted to take a nap... at which I failed miserably.

After my second shift, I was looking forward to a run to clear my head and hopefully make me feel better so I could sleep.

When I got to the nature center, I checked the weather... 105 degrees at 8pm. Do whaaaaat?!?

I started my sets and was doing really well. I felt phenomenal at the end of my 2nd run set. However... by the end of the third run set (about 9min into the 30min program), I was done. Exhausted. The heat and humidity were unbearable. It was worse than the first 2 times I ran at 3 in the afternoon. I ended up walking the rest of the sets. I just couldn't run anymore.

I was even planning on doing yoga last night, but by the time I drove across town to get home... I could hardly walk up the stairs to my apartment. The heat was excruciating.

So Wednesday is a rest day, now. If the heat keeps up, I'm going to run on the treadmill at the complex gym. I have to work at 8am Thurs/Fri and the heat is already insane at 7am.

Thanks Mother Nature... can I suggest some non-insane temperatures for a while? KThnx.

No comments:

Post a Comment