16 October 2010

Promotion!!

A non-running-related post? Surely you jest?

Actually, it would be more accurate to say a "non-not-running-related post" because I haven't been doing much running lately.

and don't call me Shirley.

I received a call yesterday from the Marketing Manager at Sam's and I have been promoted from lowly Accountant to Marketing Rep for Sam's Club #6418!

I get to schmooze with local businesses all day. I'm good at schmoozing.

That, and after 4 long months of scraping by on part-time pay, I will be full-time again (8-4 M-F) with full benefits... including dental. Is it sad that the main thing I'm excited about is being able to go to the dentist again?

I'm hoping the hours will allow me more time for those wonderful afternoon runs that I truly enjoy! Because while I liked the energy I had all day from the AM run... I HATE getting up in the morning... and getting up at 5:30am to be able to run before work is NOT on the list of things I like to do.


I just wanted to share my good fortune with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment